Why are we using Kokum Butter in our body lotions? Everyone uses Shea, or Mango, or Cocoa butter but I wanted to do something different, something that would make us stand out from the millions of offerings on Etsy and something that would benefit you, the user, as well. Let’s be honest, we’ve had a rough year. There’s been a lot of sweatpants, no makeup and no pedicures. So this begs the question:
Are your feet ready for flip-flop weather? If you said yes, I don’t believe you…
Personally my feet have been through the ringer this winter. Dry, cracked and all of a sudden it’s in the 70s down in Georgia but I’m not screwed because I’ve been using our solid lotions for the past two weeks. Enter Kokum Butter, your new favorite lotion ingredient. It isn’t as well-known as the other butters, but it’s chockful of amazing benefits for your skin:
- High in essential fatty acids like omega-3 and omega-6 to help your body sustain healthy skin cell membranes to prevent damage. This also creates a healthier and more balanced moisture barrier which keeps your skin plump and hydrated.
- Ability to regenerate skin cells which reduces the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Easily absorbed, allowing the butter to penetrate deep into the layers of the dermis. This can help heal ulcers as well as deep cracks in the lips, hands and the soles of your feet (EXTREMELY helpful as we’re all constantly washing our hands nowadays)
- Rich in Vitamin E which protects the skin against free radicals.
- Non-comedogenic which means it doesn’t clog pores. If you live in a hot/humid climate or if your skin produces more oil than average, this light moisturizer can also bring balance to your skin.
- Completely natural substance that has no fragrance, no chemicals and won’t cause irritation.
Kokum Butter also melts upon contact with skin so it took me a few weeks to figure out how to package our Kokum Butter solid lotion. Nobody wants a gooey mess just lying on their bathroom counter! Finally I came up with the idea of packaging it in a deodorant container (100% recyclable I may add!) and our new product was born. Available in three scents, Rose/Cinnamon/Vanilla for the girl who likes to smell sultry, Caramel Coffee for the girl who can’t get enough caffeine in her life and White Tea & Pear, a light summery smell which isn’t overpowering and will have people coming up to you and asking you what perfume you’re wearing. Here are a couple of testimonials:
As You Wish/White Tea & Pear Solid LotionI can’t get enough of it! It’s got a fantastic fresh and sweet smell to it! – Gladys
1.21 Gigawatts/Caramel Coffee Solid LotionIt smells so good I want to eat it! – Michelle
I don’t recommend eating these lotions. Yes, they’re 100% vegan and all ingredients are technically edible but it probably wouldn’t be a pleasant experience. Our lotions come in 2.65 oz size which will last you a good bit, plus they’re TSA friendly so you can take wherever you fly to once we can do all of that stuff again! Use our solid lotions and say goodbye to that dry, rough skin!